Friday, September 01, 2006

6 months down & ?? to go

I realized that we recently pasted our 6 month mark from when we started our adoption process. We sent our application on February 20, got our call that we were approved on February 24 and got our home study packet on March 3, so somewhere in there is our official start date. So with that being said, 6 months have gone by and it seems like a blink of an eye. I remember Mike and my discussion about adoption from China vs. domestic adoption. I felt from the start that our daughter was going to be from China and expressed this to Mike - he saw my resolve and said okay, if that's what you think we should do. Within 2 days I had the application completed and on the way to CCAI (I had already done my research and was ready to go!). So 6 months seems like nothing now. Does that mean the next 6 months will be just as easy. I'm not sure about that; I've already had a few pitty party days but the good news is that it's football season! Football season always flies by so in no time 6 more months will have passed! I know it will be much longer than 6 months until our referral but I'm going to look at it in 6 month increments, not an overwhelming 14 months. Baby steps! So for now Go 'Noles and Go Jags!

No comments: