Thursday, June 21, 2012

Next week?

It is Thursday, less than a week from expected referrals, and I'm surprisingly calm.  For years I wondered what this month and this week would be like.  Normally I am anxious about referrals being posted, calculating how many days they covered, how much longer to go, but we are next in line - we have every reason to expect a referral this batch.  I think that is where my greatest comfort is found; that or denial!  If we were two or three days away from the last cut-off date, I don't think I would have this calmness, and I don't think I will have this calmness next week!  But for now, it is all good.  My mind is entertaining her age, her face, when we will travel to get her, and that is all very exciting.  I can't believe we are next in line.  It's been so long.  One friend posted on FaceBook that we just passed our 69th monthly LID anniversary and that her agency told her it would be 6-9 months...how important punctuation is!  How funny and how true.  But we are next, we are ready and we are excited.  I'm so glad to finally put this part behind us and finally see the face of our daughter.

1 comment:

Marsi said...

Hi Kelly! Boy you are up late! I need to stay up too & catch up on blogging. BTW...I added you to my blogroll to make it easier to follow, feel free to add mine to yours if you add the gadget. I think for me it will be easier to have the blogs from our group all in one place so I can make sure to visit them. -Glad I stopped by to see your beautiful jewelry...I'd love to order a necklace. I'll visit again this week.

But you sure are next in line girl!! So excited for you! I can't wait to see your Mia Jade & find out where she's at. All I can say is I'm so in love with our little girl & can't wait to pick her up.

Good night!

m.