Sunday, July 22, 2007

I'm buying stuff like I have a baby on the way!

I have made a couple of fun purchases in the last few days - as if we were preparing for a baby. First, I bought a trio of baby carriers from a lady I met online. She used them with her two from China. One is a baby bjorn, one is a sling type carrier and the third, a seat to use on the plane. I will post pictures when I get them!

Next I bought a crib at a garage sale. Now this one freaked me out a little because that is for the nursery - the non-existing nursery. I purposely have not started the nursery because that would be too hard to look at with a probable two years to go. Clothes, toys, books are one thing, but a crib?! That's a bit more real. But it was too beautiful and too good of a deal to pass up. It is a beautiful cherry wood convertible crib but it will have to live in the garage for awhile.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I cant wait to see pics..I love good deals

Joce and sometimes Shawn said...

Shopping is good for the soul. Use whatever therapy works and you do have a baby on the way. We just don't know when yet.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

The crib sounds really nice! And so do the other things....may as well be prepared....:-)

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun. Pictures please!

Donna said...

The crib sounds lovely, cherry wood is so pretty!

Leslie said...

That is the same crib I'm using for my Lily. My is honey oak. It's my BIL and SIL's, so I had to work around the color. I love the Cherry finish. Looks beautiful.

You need to put it in a faith room like Pam has done. It helps so much to have a place to go and sit and pray and think. To beautiful to be in the garage Kelly...LOL.

Love it.

Donna said...

oooohh..so pretty!

Unknown said...

Bloglines brought you back up when you added the picture. It is very pretty Kelly. Can't wait for you to be able to use it.

You've been on my heart lately due to your latest Ladybug post. Keep dreaming big and having big faith!

E. said...

It's beautiful! And you DO have a baby on the way!!!!! BTW, I'm interviewing for a job in Ft. Lauderdale Thurs and Fri, so if it comes through, WE MUST make good on the drink threats before I move!!! :)

adele and dan said...

Really nice!! You do have a baby on the way, you just don't know the date she will arrive.

Unknown said...

Kelly, What a beautiful and unusual crib! I love the under part. :) I agree with Leslie, it is too nice to sit in a garage. I like the idea of a "faith" room. I used to go in an sit and just think and pray while we waited for our little Emma. Let God deal with the timeing and future, you deal with the present.

Wendy

Rina, John & Annalisa said...

That is a gorgeous crib. No wonder you couldn't pass it up. Great buy!

I started working on Annalisa's nursery as soon as we were LID. Just a little bit at a time so I wouldn't finish too soon and have to stare at the empty crib. As long as it was a work in progress I felt happy to be doing something while waiting. It was the only progress I was in charge of.

Have fun with the shopping!

Melinda said...

The crib looks beautiful Kelly! I can't wait to see pics of your other purchases! Sounds like you had a fun shopping trip and got some great bargains!

Lisa said...

What a beautiful crib! You will have a baby in there soon....Only in God's perfect timing!