Sunday, April 29, 2007

I feel healed... mostly

Yesterday I went to my best friend from college's baby shower. She lives in NC and came down to have her shower where her parents live in Florida. It was so good to see her and to see her pregnant, that it brought tears to my eyes! There was not even a tinge of jealousy or depression. Sadly I'm guilty of those feelings over the past few years at other baby showers. (It is expecially difficult when you are going to a second (or third) shower for the same person during the same period of just trying to become a parent once) and it's still hard with the long wait but I am so happy and satisfied with our path - even though long. I feel healthier than I have been over the past - I feel healed.

4 comments:

Joce and sometimes Shawn said...

Good for you Kelly!! I still am working on that one. And I have to kids waiting for #3. I applaud you and want to know your secret.

adele and dan said...

It's hard but one day we will be sending gifts for your shower:)

Unknown said...

Kelly-

It was good to read that you are "feeling healed" about attending baby showers. For about two years I could hardly bring myself to attend them. Like you, the 2nd and 3rd showers were the hardest. I do understand.

Your time WILL come. Keep hanging on.

Anonymous said...

Glad you feel better. Great picture!