Thursday, April 12, 2007

7 months - so excited I could burst - not!

I know we should be excited that 7 months since our LID is behind us but I'm just not getting the giddy feeling. Gee, could it be because the last batch was all of 2 days? I don't have many down days but when word got out that the most recent batch only covered 2 days, I burst into tears. It felt like a stab in the heart. I don't doubt our path but come on, 2 days? When we started the wait was 7-8 months meaning I thought we'd be looking at a photo of our daughter about now. And now I'm not sure we'll get a referral before Christmas 2008. How can this be? I guess the good news is that we have passed 7 months and some are just logging in, so we're ahead of someone. I feel like I'm in line at Disney and the sign says "1 1/2 years from this point" and yet people are still getting in line behind me - this must be a good ride!

3 comments:

Don and Be said...

Just stopped by your blog after we saw your future daughter's name to say that we are considering 'Jade' as our daughter's middle name as well - She'll be Joanna Jade when she comes home from China.
With the long wait, I have learned the virtue of patience to a greater level than prior to our adoption journey.
Blessings as you do the waiting thing,
Don

Anonymous said...

I sooo feel your pain. I cannot even get my mind around a 2 or more year wait, if it comes to that. I'm 2/1/07 and feel like I'm moving backwards sometimes. At least I've met some good friends along the way:)

Unknown said...

I am so sorry that this has hit you so hard. I think it rocked the entire community. We have friends that are LID 10-31, and never imagined that a referral wouldn't arrive.

I like your pic. I am always looking for some sort of funny (in a sad way!) picture to represent the feeling.

Keep hanging on.