Thursday, February 01, 2007

JinMei's doing great!


JinMei is continuing to rebound like only a kid can! I visited her yesterday and I think I impressed her by asking her in Chinese how she was doing. (That's one of about four phases I've learned so far in my attempt to learn some Chinese before our trip next year!) What she said in response I'm not sure but she smiled and nodded so I guess that's good! She then showed me a toy she was playing with that asks "show me a B" and then you push the "B" and it goes on to other letters. She was doing it! This is a kid that did not know a word of English two weeks ago! She is so smart. I was amazed! We also had a tricycle race - she beat me. The translator said there was not way she could have done that kind of activity level before her surgery. Now she looks like a regular kid just one week after open heart surgery! This has been such a cool thing to be a part of!

3 comments:

adele and dan said...

I'm so Glad!!!

Jessica said...

I'm so glad to hear that she is doing well!
Jessica

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! Kids are so resiliant! I think I would lose a tricycle race too.....:-)

Janet T.