Monday, February 12, 2007

5 months since LID - almost 1 year from start

Today marks 5 months from our LID - very exciting. If "the wait" can settle around 20 months, then we'd be 25% through. Pretty good. We are also approaching the 1 year mark from when we started this journey. We mailed our application on Feb. 20, 2006 and got our approval notice on Feb. 24th, 2006. What a year! I did think we would be much closer to our Mia Jade by now when we started but I have accepted reality and am okay with the longer wait. I think the main reason is because I still know we are on our path to our baby where as a year ago, before we agreed on the adoption, I was lost and sad. Everyday now I know Mia is in my heart and she grows everyday - she's just taking longer to cook than I originally planned! But I know she's coming! I love the journey we are on. The wonderful people I have met, the things I have learned and the culture I am experiencing. I love this journey.

5 comments:

Melinda said...

Congrats on hitting the 5 month mark and the one year mark in your journey to Mia Jade! Each day brings us closer to our girls!

~Melinda

Anonymous said...

KEL
IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE COMMITTED AND GENUINELY JOYOUS WITH ANTICIPATION OF BECOMING THE MOTHER OF MIA JADE. I AM SO PROUD OF THE WOMAN YOU HAVE BECOME. THOUGH THE JOURNEY TO GET HERE HAS BEEN PAINFUL AND DIFFICULT, I KNOW THAT GOD HAS WALKED EVERY STEP WITH YOU. I MARVEL AT HOW YOUR FAITH HAS GROWN THROUGH SUCH A CHALLENGING TIME IN YOUR LIFE. I KNOW THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF SOME YOUNG CHILDREN IN CHINA. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE WHERE THIS AWAKENING WILL TAKE YOU AND THE THINGS YOU WILL DO. YOUR ACTIVE PARTICIPATION AND ENTHUSIASM FOR IMPROVING THE LIVES OF CHILDREN IN CHINA IS EVIDENCE THAT GOD HAS ALWAYS PLANNED FOR YOUR DAUGHTER TO HAVE ALMOND SHAPED EYES AND JET BLACK HAIR. IF YOUR DAUGHTER IS HALF THE PERSON MY DAUGHTER IS, YOU WILL BE BLESSED BEYOND ALL UNDERSTANDING.

Unknown said...

Congrats on reahing the 5 month mark. Let's hope the wait decreases. You have a great attitude!

~Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Okay, your mom's post made me want to cry, it's so beautiful! Doesn't it make you want to be the best mom ever when you read that. So YOU can give that kind of love and support to YOUR daughter? Wow. Love it. Mia Jade is obviously going to be blessed with a wonderful, loving family!

Janet T.

Kelly (Mike, Zane and Mia Jade) said...

Yes I have an amazing mom - I hope and pray that I will be have the mother to Mia as she has been to me!