Saturday, November 11, 2006

100 Good Wishes Quilt

I decided to participate in a Northern China tradition to make a Bai Jia Bei or 100 Good Wishes Quilt. It is a quilt made up of fabric squares from friends and family. They also are asked to give a card with a wish or prayer for the baby with a small piece of the fabric attached so the square on the quilt can be linked those who gave that piece. The quilt is a culmination of good wishes and prayers. I hope Mia has it for years to come and passes it down through generations.

I have signed up for an exchange of quilt squares with two of my Yahoo groups and here are Mia's first four squares along with their wish cards. They are from to four wonderful ladies/families from my Ladybug and Red Thread Believers group (I love this group)! I will post more as I get them.



(If you are interested in participating, I would love your square! The minor rule besides what is mentioned above is that the fabric should be 8"x8" after being washed and dried. Thank you!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would be happy to swap squares - I'm doing a 100 GWQ as well - check out my blog at www.hopesglow.blogspot.com. Drop me an email and let me know your address...hjonv at cox dot net.