Friday, October 20, 2006

It's fall and it's busy

I can't believe it's been over a week since I have written. So much is going on! Besides being busy at work (what' new) I've been so busy with so many other things. It always seems like the fall is such a busy time. The cookbook sales are going great and we are about to place a second order with the publisher for another 400 books! I can't believe we have sold almost 400 in 4 weeks! Mom is working a booth at a church fall festival tomorrow to sell books while I am helping a friend at another church fall festival where we are raising money to help a little girl in China come to Jacksonville for heart surgery. It's a really neat project that I have gotten involved in with a lady I met in our local Familes with Children from China chapter. On top of that I have found a speaker for our next Waiting Families meeting - a pediatrician that has done mission trips all over the world and puts together medical travel packets for families traveling to adopt internationally. Plus I received (and mailed) my first cyber baby shower gift! I can't wait for shower day - October 30. I have gotten involved with a couple Yahoo groups that are made up of people at the same stage of adoption from China as we are. To make the wait a little more fun we are each going to be assigned a person every other month to send a present to like a baby shower and each shower will have a theme - the first theme is LADYBUGS! It will be a lot of fun. I'll post pictures when I get to open my present. And on top of all of that, Mike and I are finally getting around to finishing our game room. When we built our house a few years ago we left one room unfinished, basically a basement (yes a basement in Florida!) that we could not afford to finish out. And when I say unfinished, I mean concrete floors and walls and nothing else. It was the one room Mike was most looking forward to - a place for him to go play! Well, we are finally working on it with the wonderful help of my brother. It will be awesome and should be done by Thanksgiving - just in time for the Florida (Mike's team) vs Florida State (my team - even though they're awful this year) game. Wow - that's a lot going on! No wonder I'm tired!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering where you were:) Where did you find the Yahoo group? I've been trying to find a similar one (waiting for I-171H). Dan is going to be very jealous that you have a gameroom:)

Anonymous said...

You are a busy girl!! So, the pediatrician will be at the next FCC meeting? I WILL be there! At least, that's the plan (and hubby too). And, that's amazing that you've sold 400 cookbooks!! How did you do it so quickly?! Remember, I want 3!

Jen & Bill said...

I guess I won't admit that we are Bulldog fans....

We have some remodeling to do as well. Posted on our blog today.

I still need to look at the cookbook index you sent me. I hope to do that this week. Congrats on all the sales! That is wonderful.

Jen

Reesie said...

Well, if Jen (above)admitted they are bulldog fans, we will, too! (We live in Tampa, now)

I bought one of your cookbooks at the reunion in FL with CCAI - I am going to try a recipe this week!

I just made the connection - what a small world!

www.expectingfromchina.blogspot.com