Wednesday, March 04, 2009

3 Year Mark

I feel like all of my posts these days are negative news about "the wait" but "the wait" just hit the 3 year mark for those logged in March 2006 - it's looking more like we will be waiting at least 4 years. I never though that would really happen. Also, we went through all of February without any referrals. Yes, referrals just came out early in March so we may see a second set in March but who knows. And for 2 referral batches in 2009, they have covered 6 days - 2 of which fell on the weekend. So where is that positive wind that we heard was blowing?

On a good note, the little girl that we have sponsored for over 2 years through Grace & Hope has been adopted! What great news. We have watched her grow (and wondered why a non-special needs infant wasn't placed earlier) since fall 2006. I hope her adjustment to her Forever Family will go smoothly. I'm so glad she was able to be in a home setting while she waited. We look forward to our new child.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a real bummer. I am trusting in God's timing, but am quite confused.

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to believe that you'll be waiting for so long, but I'm so happy that you're enduring it - so to speak. I hope things speed up and you'll get to bring Mia home sooner rather than later!!!

Elizabeth

Alyson and Ford said...

The wait is too long! So sorry!
Wow, what great news to know your child is going to be with a forever family! You did great!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Unknown said...

Just checking in...so hard to believe the 'wait' has stretched out this far. Hope all is well with your family..think of you whenever I get my cookbooks out too. :)