Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008 - Hello 2009

I'm not the party type on New Year's Eve but I do like to look back and reflect on the 12 months that have past.  2008 has been full of wonderful firsts with Zane...first tooth, first words, first steps, first haircut, first birthday and a ton of other firsts in between.  This year has been so much fun!  I love being a mom and love Zane more than any love than I've ever known.  Zane is obviously the 'theme' of 2008.  While nationally and in our own lives there has been financial struggles (we even paid for more than $4/gallon for gas!) we hardly noticed with the joy that Zane has brought us daily.  We know how blessed we are and we thank and praise God every day for His gracious gift of Zane to us.

Some other wonderful news, I have seen several of my local and online friends bring home their children - by birth, by domestic adoption and international adoption from China, Taiwan and Africa - it's been so wonderful to see these families grow.  Unfortunately I also have 2 good friends that had adoptions fail this year - a heart breaking experience.

The obvious sad news is that we are only 71 referral days closer to Mia than last New Year's Eve.  "The wait" will reach 3 years in March.  We can easily imagine it reaching 4 years by time we see our referral.  Will Mia be born this year?  Will she even be conceived this year?  Of course we won't know these answers until a referral which we do not expect to see in 2009. Hopefully 2010?  2011!?  But as I said to Mike the other day, God always had a plan for Zane to enter our lives, He has a plan for Mia and we will continue to trust (and try not to question) His plan.

For now, we celebrate the goodness of 2008 and welcome 2009.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4 comments:

Alyson and Ford said...

What a great plan! We wondered those same things about when our daughter was born; she was born long after our LID date. It all works out how it should; all in God's plan.
Hoping for more referrals in 2009.
Happy New Year!!
Alyzabeth's Mommy of 106 days!!
LID 01/27/06
Forever Family Day 09/16/08

Unknown said...

What a nice reflection. Happy New Year! May God bless '09.

Melinda said...

Happy 2009 Kelly! Even though it is difficult at times we must trust in God's plan and timing( I need to take my own advice sometimes as I struggle with the wait). Zane is such a blessing in your lives and I am glad you are enjoying every moment with him!

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can say that I agree with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is quiet a suspect as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with efflux of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=ultra dvd creator 1.7.6 ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you profit by the black methods of inspiriting of the resource. I take a week and do necheg