Wednesday, June 13, 2007

God Said NO!

This poem was on my ladybug yahoo group board (the BEST group around) and I thought it went along very nicely with my post from June 8th. Enjoy.

I asked God to take away my habit.
God said, No. It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said, No. His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, No. Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness.
God said, No. I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, No. Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said, No. You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said, No. I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.

5 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I loved that one too. And I agree, the lady bug board is the best!

Unknown said...

I totally agree...great poem & fabulous group!

Unknown said...

I always enjoy reading that, what a group you belong to!

Anonymous said...

You have a really great website. Congratulations on being 9 months LID. If you ever get down to Key West, remember to look us up.

Take Care !!
Sheryl and David
LID 3.20.07 for Olivia
www.youbelong.net/monroe

adele and dan said...

9 months..WOW!! It went by so fast. Love the poem, it's so true!