Saturday, August 04, 2007

Xianbei is coming in October!

Last year some local volunteers joined together and started a group called A Heart for China with the goal to bring one girl named JinMei from China to Jacksonville for lifesaving heart surgery. A group called Patrons of the Heart provided all the healthcare including the surgery as long as we got her here and provided for her needs during her stay. She had successful surgery last January. (If you look back in my blog, you can see photos and my posts from that time.) We now have another girl scheduled to come in October named Xianbei (pictured here - on the right). Patrons of the Hearts once again will be providing her surgery and they (her mom and the same translator Matthew) will be staying at the Ronald McDonald House. We are currently raising funds for their travel and stay. Please visit A Heart for China for more information on how to help. We have a lot of work to do between now and October! Thank you!!

3 comments:

E. said...

YAAA! I'm so happy POTH approved her surgery! Unfortunately, I was offered, and accepted, an unbelievable job in Ft. Lauderdale, so I'll be moving to South Florida early in September. Therefore, I won't be able to meet the family as I did with JinMei. However, I will do all I can to promote the program and help raise the money to get her here.
I'm so excited!!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

How wonderful!!! I am so glad!

adele and dan said...

Hi Kelly,
You have such a kind heart. I going to make a donation to Patrons of the Heart. It's the least I can do to help our childrens brothers and sisters in China.