Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Third, Fourth and Final Home Study Meeting

Last night Mike and I met with our social worker Jeannie and 3 other people in the process of international adoption for a group home study. We discussed a lot of issues such as bonding, multi-racial families, discussing birth parents with our children, etc. It was very enlightening. Once the group was done, Mike and I met briefly with Jeannie about a few things such as child care plans and how much I expect to work after Mia comes. Then that was it - our home study is done! It was actually a very enjoyable process and really made us think and talk about issue we had not before. Now Jeannie will write up a home study report to be submitted with our I600A! I can't wait to get that in the mail! One step closer!

No comments: