Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Moving along

We are moving along with our "paperwork pregnacy". Mike is applying for his passport tomorrow, we have received our dossier guide and started putting all of the papers that need to be notarized, certified, authenticated together. Sounds like medical testing! We have spoken to our social worker but have not started our home study yet. Hopefully that will start next week. I'm so bummed because of the new info coming out of the agencies that referral times have slowed down to as long as 10 months. I must continue to believe that Mia Jade will enter our lives at the time of God's planning. I pray for her every night. I feel so sad when I think of all of the orphans of the world going to sleep each night without a family. I did not choose this road because of deep sense of providing a home for an orphan but for my own selfish desire to be a mother. But the longer this road is, the greater sense of responsibility I feel to provide a home for a child that may not otherwise have one. I guess that's part of being a parent.

No comments: